Monday 25 June 2012

My 2012 Anime North Experience

So, this convention actually occurred at the end of May. It was my first time going and omg i had SOOO MUCH FUN. It was really cool to see how many people dressed up in costume and I'd like to share some of the pictures I took with all of you. 


I went as Rin Tohsaka from the anime series, Fate/Stay Night:
Now, my costume isn't too accurate.. but hey! I tried :) 

         
I know that looks like my real hair, but it's actually a wig since my hair is a lot shorter and I've been growing out my bangs :p. I bought the red sweater from a thrift store, the skirt I've had around for a long time and I got the thigh-high stockings from Claire's. 

This is what the costume looks like after I sewed on the cross:

And now, AT THE CONVENTION! :D


Surrounded by some pretty awesome nerd-lovers <3
I was SOOO excited because I found a guy that dressed up as ARCHER! In the series, Rin summons a hero and it happens to be this super tall, epic hero who has the noble phantasm of unlimited bladeworks. I know that makes no sense to any of you, but YEAH that's him! This guy actually did a really good job with the cosplay. See the pics I posted earlier for reference :P. Or google Archer - Fate/Stay Night in images. Lol.




 More pictures from the convention. YAY, AWESOME PEOPLE IN COSTUMES!

My favourites from this collage are the Reboot cosplays and the pixel Bowser! :)
This lady brought a WHOLE NEW LEVEL OF EPICNESS to the convention. A GIANT DIGIMON. It was seriously SOO huge. The cool part was that she was actually INSIDE this creature, making it walk with the mechanisms she created. She walked really slow, though... the funniest thing was watching her try and cross the road at a major intersection haha.

Code Geass, Kitana from Mortal Kombat, Silent Hill, Philosoraptors and Commander Sheppard from Mass Effect ;p. Epic win.
My friends and I play League of Legends ALL the time, so these cosplays are full of win and completely relevant to our lives haha. Veigar and Shaco in the left image. Kennen, Garen, Ezreal, Brolaf and Lux in the right image.


The first 3 images in this collage are of characters from the anime Kuroshitsuji (or Black Butler in English). Bottom left is a Victorian vocaloid trio and on the right is Alice and the Queen of Hearts from the video game, Alice: Madness Returns. 

YEAHHH STEAMPUNK! I freakin' LOVE the steampunk subculture and I was really excited to see all these people here. They look amazing. 


Well, that's all folks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment